Tuesday- Activities Abound All Around!
August 2, 2011 by Hank
Pictures from August 2, 2011 (password required)
Hello from Camp High Rocks! Today is our first full day in activities, and camp is in full swing. The weather continues to be outstanding!
You will see a lot of great pictures of the boys participating in their chosen activities. Today, the campers are learning the basic skills and methods of the activity and will follow a progression throughout the session, continuing to build more skills each day. Our goal is for each camper to progress in his skills through a session and then from year to year. When I was talking to some of our oldest campers during the four-week session last week, they said that this year was their best ever! That is exactly what I want to hear – that each year was even better than the previous year!
Yesterday, the boys and their counselors thought up age-group nicknames. Rather than just calling them “group 1,” or “juniors,” we have the age groups come up with a fun name that usually precedes a chant or song. You’ll have to wait and hear the chants from your boys on parents’ day, but the group names are listed below.
- “Moldy Geezers” (Hillside & Connestee) are at the water slide.
“The Muggles” (Lakeside, Foxhollow) are playing Danish Rounders on the Activity Field.
- “The Inferno” (Flattop & Chalet) are playing a game on the Cabin Field
- “Howling Hounds” (Windswept & Outpost) are in the Gym playing Chum Ball.
- “Uncle Jonathan’s Corn Cob Pipe” (Holiday Inn & Pinnacle) are playing a game on the Soccer Field
- “The Lazer Snails” (Halfway & Lookout) are heading to “Sliding Rock” and Dolly’s Ice Cream
Tomorrow we start our cabin overnights with Halfway, Windswept, Outpost & Lookout cabins.
Have a wonderful evening and enjoy the pictures!!!