Gifts for the First Time Camper
December 5, 2018 by Darby Dame
The gift-giving season is here. We created a gift buying guide for the first time camper. (Though after seeing this list, we know a few returning campers who would enjoy many of these items as well). If you have questions, chat with us! You can use the chat button on the lower right-hand side of the screen – if we are not active you can leave us a message. We are happy to help. Good luck shopping! Check out our gifts for the first time camper below.
First Time Camper Gifts
- Trunk – We suggest a trunk from Everything Summer Camp or a lighter weight option, less pricey option from The Container Store
- Camp High Rocks Hat – Rock the camp gear all year long!
- Crazy Creek Chair – The best chair for sitting around the campfire. A great gift for the first time camper. Get a High Rocks Logoed Chair from our camp store.
- Sleeping Bag – Check Out Kelty’s Big Dipper Sleeping Bag
- High Rocks T-Shirt – Get a
peiceof swag to rock this summer.
- Disc Golf Frisbee – An important item to have at camp – the coveted Disc Golf. Your camper will be able to buy two while he is at camp. Bring a few to get the game started! We like Innova Golf Discs.
- Father-Son Weekend – Join us at camp for a weekend in May of father-son bonding. Fishing, Water-Slide, High Ropes Course, Rock Climbing & more. Check out the dates!
- Good Socks – Many, many socks are needed for camp. (Smart Wool and Darn Tough are staff favorites)
- Headlamp – A headlamp for night time at camp is important. Take a look at Black Diamon Wiz Headlamp or Petzl Tikkina Headlamp
- Glow in the Dark Items – Bring a party to the cabin with glow-in-the dark supplies. (No paint please or items that stick to walls). We like this pack from Amazon Prime.
- Luci Outdoor Solar Lanter – Harness the sun’s energy to keep you out of the dark. Can last up to 24 hours in between charges! Get it from REI or Amazon
- Home S’mores Kit – Williams Sonoma offers every camper’s dream treat in the luxury of your own home! (No campfire required!)
- Wild Explorers Club Membership – Ages 6 through 12 can ignite a passion for exploration through this online adventure program! While we have not participated, it sounds pretty cool.
And that is a wrap for our first time camper gift guide. We hope you got a few present ideas. We wish you a great holiday season.