Using the Experts
March 18, 2021 by zoob
In order to develop plans and protocols so that we can operate safely in-person this summer, we are working with our state and local health officials along with the CDC and American Camping Association. Here are some of the resources that we are using to create the safest camp experience possible: CDC, ACA and ACN. Our Summer Medical Team is meeting with our COVID-19 Task Force on a regular basis. As we move forward, we also continue to meet with camps that operated successfully this past summer.
As we layout our considerations and plans, we consider the following:
- As an outdoor program, we are well-positioned to operate with appropriate COVID modifications and protocols.
- Our natural advantage of 1000 acres to utilize for activities, adventure, and plenty of space!
- Like previous summers, we will continue to have trained medical staff onsite at all times.
- The previous year of mitigation practice that all campers and counselors will have experienced.
- The continued positive news regarding vaccines.