COVID-19 Guidelines and Safety Protocols
We will follow all North Carolina and Transylvania County guidelines while you are here. Please continue reading to see how we will be keeping our camp families and staff safe and healthy during our Family Retreats.
- All North Carolina and Transylvania County regulations applicable at the time of families’ stay will be followed. Please note these may change with little advance notice – either further easing or tightening – and in order to continue to operate we will have no choice but to change our protocol accordingly.
- All family members are asked to perform symptom and temperature checks for 14 days prior to arriving at camp; if any member of the reservation party experiences COVID-19 indicating symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 the reservation may be canceled or postponed at no cost.
- A health screening including temperature checks will be performed on your family as you arrive at camp. We will not admit any family who displays COVID-19 indicating symptoms.
- All cabins and lodging will have two days in between being occupied and then will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the next reservation; families are to clean and sanitize their cabin/home during their stay.
- All family members agree to report any COVID-19 indicating symptoms should they present within 14 days following departure.
- All High Rocks staff will be screened daily; should any indicate possible symptoms of Covid-19 they will be quarantined and tested per state and local regulations.
- Meals that are provided will be served boxed and outdoor areas around camp will be available for dining to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Disposable plates, utensils, and cups will be used.
- Proper cleaning protocols should be followed at each location to sanitize equipment between participants from different families.
- Proper social distancing between families should be followed at all times.
We want to be as open and transparent with you, our family retreat guests, as possible. We cannot guarantee a 100% COVID-19 free environment at Camp High Rocks this summer, nor can any business or organization.
We have been working tirelessly on creating the safest environment possible for your family and our staff members in accordance with mandates and guidelines set forth by the CDC, American Camp Association, and our local health departments.
Our response plan includes current guidelines being taken to safely operate and plans to any potential situations regarding COVID-19 or other communicable diseases.