Age Group Director
Camp High Rocks, a private boys camp in Western North Carolina, has Age Group Director openings for its summer camp program. The Age Group Directors are central in creating a positive and supportive residential experience for campers and counselors alike.
- The Age Group Director’s primary responsibilities are to directly supervise the campers and counselors in their assigned age groups and to assist the Camp Directors with all activities, group issues and staff performance within those age groups.
- Provide leadership, direction, and feedback to counselors under the Age Group Director supervision. Maintain evaluations of counselors in age groups. Discuss with Camp Directors the performance of staff assigned to age groups.
- Connect with, support, and manage the campers in assigned age groups. Communicate with Camp Directors regarding achievements, concerns, and on-going work with specific campers.
- Facilitate age group community building and meetings.
- Coordinate evening activities and special events with the Assistant Program Director and other Age Group Directors.
- Perform daily instructor duties in a specific activity area. Age Group Directors will be part of an activity staff and will assist in lessons, preparation, and trips as appropriate.
Qualifications: Applicants for the Age Group Director position must have completed at least one year of college, though preference is given to candidates with multiple years of experience managing children and adults. Formal training in the fields of education, counseling, and leadership a plus.
Benefits: Starting range of $370 to $450 per week for the nine week season and two weeks of orientation, depending on experience and qualifications. Training courses available in late May. Includes room, board, and free laundry facilities; staff lounge and wireless internet available; extensive professional discounts; an incredible location with over 1000 acres of wilderness; adjacent to Dupont State Forest, and a 15 minute drive to Pisgah National Forest.
Dates: May 28 – August 10, 2024. Other dates in May if you want to take advantage of training opportunities.
- Complete our online application: How to Apply for a Position
- Email Woody Noland at email@example.com
- Call (828) 885-2153 – Please ask for Woody Noland or Elizabeth Gentle. We are excited to hear from you!