Summer Camp Groundskeeping Staff
Camp High Rocks, a private boys summer camp in Western North Carolina, is seeking help with our facility and grounds operation. Our team includes a facility manager and a small team of groundskeeping staff.
Groundskeeping staff will work directly under the facility manager at Camp High Rocks. The position’s goal is to maintain the grounds and facilities of Camp High Rocks to the highest standards to enable our camper population to have the best possible experience. The groundskeeping staff is responsible for maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the buildings, equipment and property as assigned. Groundskeeping staff will engage with campers and counselors and respond to requests personally or inform the facility manager.
- Applicant must be able to perform physically demanding tasks outdoors all day
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license
- Prior experience with grounds tools such as lawn mowers and weed-eaters is preferred
- Willingness to learn skills and take direction a must
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of a dynamic, supportive staff team and integrate fully in the camp program
- Maintain grounds, weed whacking, lawn mowing, mulching, etc.
- General facility repairs
- Collect and dispose of refuse
- Operate camp vehicles safely
Dates : April 15 – August 14, 2021. Additional work could extend to September 3rd.
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour