Kitchen Manager – Head Chef Position
Camp High Rocks, a private boys summer camp in Western North Carolina, is seeking help with our daily culinary operations. Our team includes a kitchen manager/head chef, line cooks or chef, pantry and salad prep, trip food manager, and other general kitchen duties. Depending on your specific situation, kitchen staff may live locally, live at the camp in staff housing, or be a Cabin Counselor.
Responsibilities: The position is the overall leader in the kitchen. Expect to train, mentor, and lead a group of staff that is ultimately responsible for feeding around 220 people three times a day. Other duties include menu planning, scheduling, and food orders. All team members are asked to perform all elements of kitchen work from prep to clean up.
Qualifications: Prior training or experience is required. We are looking for someone that can motivate and train a group of people in a tightly coupled community.
Benefits: $16-20/hour, meals, possible housing based on availability.
- Primary Season: May 27 – August 10, 2019
- Spring and Fall Possibilities could include May 1st through October 11th.
- Complete our online application: How to Apply for a Position
- Email Woody Noland at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (828) 885-2153 – Please ask for Woody Noland or Elizabeth Gentle. We are excited to hear from you!