1986 - 1990
More pictures from '86, '87,
'88, '89, '90
- First year of all boys camp.
- The summer began with a five week session followed by a three
- Jane and Mr. Will announced their retirement to the staff at
the end of the three week session.
- Townsend Birdsong was the camp nurse during the five week
session and Hank Birdsong was a swimming counselor during the three-week
- One of the first climbing trips away from camp was led by Wes
Gattis to "Pickens Nose", a climbing area near Franklin, NC.
Hank and Townsend Birdsong serve their first year
as camp directors.
Format remains all-boys with two-week, three-week,
and four-week sessions.
Contributors to this page include: Hank Birdsong