Mini Camp Sessions
Our “Mini” sessions are very similar to our August session. It provides for a two-week summer camp experience and is geared toward boys just starting out in an overnight camp.
- Our Mini sessions run concurrently with the July four-week session. It is a great opportunity for a younger brother to start out in a shorter session when his older brother is attending the full July session.
- Our Mini sessions are limited in age. Please see the Dates and Rates table for specific grades that are available.
- While the mini sessions are similar to our August session length, they differ slightly. The boys jump right into their schedule activities on the first full day of camp. Our mini session boys also enjoy some of the great events that happen in the July session including some amazing all-camp events and all the joy of July 4th including the fireworks show!
- Many boys move on to the longer four-week session after a year or two.
Why Two Weeks?
- Our experience has shown us that a two-week session will provide a better experience for a first-time away from home than a one-week session.
- Most one-week sessions are actually 5 days; dropping off on day one and picking up on day five. That leaves only leaves three real days away from home. We feel that is hardly enough to time to get into any sort of groove or stride.
As with all of our sessions, we strive to focus on the individual and work on his goals. All of the activities are available to all ages. The advancement is based on their skill and not their age.
We work hard to have a diverse group of boys. While many come from Southeastern and mid-Atlantic cities, we have boys from all over the U.S. and a few from other countries. We do this by limiting the number of boys in a cabin from the same school or city. We want summer camp to be unique and not just an extension of friends from their local school. It would be very easy for us to be “Camp Atlanta” or “Camp Charlotte” like many of our peers, but we work hard on our registration so that we have a well-rounded group of boys from all over.
Our program also allows the boys to do the activities they choose nearly every day. If they choose rock climbing as an activity, they get to do it every day. This is not so for other camps where the “adventure” component is more of a “wee ha.” Here at Camp High Rocks they actually build skills and advance in these activities. These skills carry over to other athletics and activities.
- Watch our videos and slideshows. Click Here
- If you still have some questions click on the green chat button below or give us a call; (828)885-2153.
- Would you rather see camp first? Book a Tour!
- If you are all set, Apply Now!