US Forest Service Information

U.S. Forest Service Special Uses Permit Holder

Camp High Rocks and all of its programs hold a Forest Service Special Use Permit to operate on national forest lands including Pisgah, Nantahala, Sumter, and Cheoah National Forests. Permits are issued for recreation uses that serve the public, promote health and safety, and protect the environment. These permits are required for any commercial use on these lands.

A Special Use Permit grants rights or privileges of occupancy and use to the holder. Examples include reserving a public site for a wedding party, or holding a bicycle race on public lands. These permits contain specific terms and conditions that the holder must follow.

Before Special Use Permits are issued, the Forest Service must determine that the proposed use complies with all management plans and laws, that there is a demonstrated need for the activity, and that the use is appropriate on national forest system lands. Special Use Permits are a temporary authority.

For more information on commercial permits visit:

Permit Holder Statement of Non-Discrimination

As a Commercial Permit Holder, Camp High Rocks, Inc. abides by and is required to post following statement:

“The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD). To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”