Boy Scout Merit Badges
We are proud to be able to offer merit badges for our campers who are current boy scouts and would like to complete the requirements. We have completed many hundreds of merit badges for Boy Scouts over the year’s. Below is a list of the following merit badges that a camper may earn while attending summer camp here. Completion will depend on the length of the session as well as the involvement and interest of the camper. During the three and four week it should be fairly easy to get some of these merit badges complete.
Merit Badges available:
- Small Boat Sailing
- Wilderness Survival
We will make a note of scouts who are interested on the first day of camp. It is also the responsibility of the camper to talk with the activity area concerned at the beginning of the session in order to work on these merit badges. Simply signing up for an activity is not adequate, we have to know that your son wants to work on a merit badge. Keep in mind, the length of the session may determine whether he may be able to complete the merit badge along with the rest of the camp schedule.
- CPR requirements will not be done at camp for any of the merit badges
- Canoeing- Must have completed swimming requirements for 2nd class and 1st class
- Swimming- Must have completed swimming requirements for 2nd class and 1st class
- Lifesaving- Must have completed swimming requirements for 2nd class and 1st class
- Kayaking- Must have completed swimming requirements for 2nd class and 1st class
- Small-Boat Sailing- Must have completed swimming requirements for 2nd class and 1st class
- Whitewater- Must have completed canoeing merit badge
- Basketry- Campers must bring chair kit, or buy one at the camp store
We have merit badge counselors on staff who are affiliated with local troops that will be able to sign off and assist your camper with the necessary paperwork involved for the merit badge requirements.
Below is a printable sheet you can share with your local troop leader with the details. Please be sure your son has his Scout Master’s approval to work on merit badges.
Boy Scout Merit Badge Details at Camp High Rocks