Picture Gallery Help Page
You have to be registered to see the photos. The link will take you to the gallery page, but if you are not logged in, it is just a blank page with no Albums.
You should have received an automated email regarding your registration. It would have gone to the preferred email on file. Check your spam/junk folder and mark it as “not spam.”
If you need help, please contact us…
After you get the login sorted, below are some details to help you figure out all the features for a desktop computer or laptop. The mobile guide (phones and tablets) is in the next section.
These are the details if you are on a computer. A phone and tablet are similar, but may have different menus, like the little three-lined menu at the top right, also called the hamburger menu.
The toolbar at the top of the gallery has a lot of navigation and links to all the pictures and details. Including the different albums, your favorites, Tags, and other picture statistics.
- Click on one of the Albums on the main screen or choose “Albums” at the top that corresponds to your session.
- On the next page, click on the day you want to look at pictures.
- Once you are on the album page that has all the pictures, you will see that it has a window pane appearance that shows a preview of each picture. You will notice that some pictures are cut off in this preview, particularly the vertical images. Click on the image to see the whole view.
- You can click on the little play icon above the images on the album toolbar. This will start a slideshow. Just “X” out at the top right to exit the show.
- If you click on one image you will be taken to the picture/image page. See the Picture Page details below.
- Favorites: Your favorite pictures. You can look down on the Picture Page section to learn how to “favorite” a picture. IMPORTANT: When viewing your favorites, DO NOT hit the broken heart that looks very similar to the “add favorite” heart… It will remove all of your favorites.
- Most visited pictures
- The most recently posted pictures
- and more…
- Identification: This is your login information. You can change your password to something meaningful under Customize if you like.
This is where all the excitement is located. Once you click on an image, you will come to the picture/image page.
- You can use the navigation above the image or use the carousel at the bottom to look at others.
- The first icon is the previous slide
- The “up arrow” icon will take you back to the gallery screen.
- The two arrows facing opposite will take it to the fullscreen/slideshow. You can “x” out of this to go back to the image information like tagging, favorites, and comments.
Top Right Icons
Below is a list explaining each icon as it is listed in order from left to right. You can also roll over any icon to get a description.
- Picture Size: you can choose between two different sizes to display.
- Play Slideshow: This will play the album in slideshow mode. You can hit the “X” on the top left of the slideshow page to close it. You cannot tag, favorite, download, or comment while the page is on the full screen or slideshow. Once you “x” out you can go to the picture you want.
- Download Picture… If you do not see this icon with a “down arrow” then see the “Subscription Download” below. You can still “right click” to save a low-quality version of the image. This is great for social media, etc., but not great for printing or big images on a screen.
- Favorite: Click on the heart to save this picture to your favorites. If it is already in your favorites, the desktop version shows a solid heart. Under Discover, you can see all of your favorite pictures. IMPORTANT: DO NOT hit the broken heart that looks very similar to the “add favorite” heart. It will remove all of your favorites.
- Face Tag/ Name That Mug: This is a tagging feature is still in the works, but you can try to tag a name on the picture if you like. Some browsers work better than others.
These are located at the bottom. Feel free to leave some cool comments. We will approve them and share them with the High Rocks family. Campers do not see the comments, just other parents.
In order to download high-quality pictures, you need to have paid for a download subscription. It was available at the pre-order store before camp. This will give you access to all of the High Definition downloads for the season.
If you have signed up for a subscription you will see the icon with the down arrow in the picture above.
Need a subscription? Contact the office at (email@example.com) to get the high-resolution downloads. The fee is only $45.00 for the session’s photos.
Share Your Favorites!!!
You can always right-click to save a picture that is good enough for the screen, but not good enough to print. Please share your favorites on social media. Tell the world how awesome High Rocks is for your son!
Below are the details for getting around the gallery on your phone or tablet. The address is the same, but the experience is a little different. Most of the pages look the same with similar navigation. We will also talk about some of the typical touchscreen-like details and other differences so you may find your way around. The mobile gallery will default for phones and most tablets.
- All the menus are still at the top, they are just hidden in a small block in the top right corner. It has three lines on it (three lines or a hamburger menu). This will drop down the albums, Specials, Menu, Links, and Identification Menus.
- On the main screen, you can still just swipe down the page to find your session and then pick the day from there.
- Once you get to the gallery of the day, you can just swipe down to see the pictures in a vertical carousel.
- Double tap in this carousel view to get to an individual image. Click the menu (three lines or hamburger menu) to see options like slideshow, download (if you paid for the subscription), add to favorites, or the smug mug tag features.
- Slideshow: Right next to the gallery name, you can hit that small menu block to hit the play button to start the slideshow. Hit the arrows to maximize the screen and I find this to be the best way to view on the phone. Once the slideshow is going, you can also swipe through the pictures, left or right. You cannot do any of the menu items in the slideshow. Just “X” out or hit the “stop slideshow so you can see the hamburger menu again. That is the menu dropdown to get you to all the options.
- Once you are on the picture page on mobile, you can pull the small menu block down to tag, and favorite your images.
- Navigation is the same as the desktop experience.
- Tag a Picture with a Name: Look for the small icon that looks like a dude with a hat. Click on that icon, then click on the image. Type in a name and then hit the green save box on the top left of the picture. Boom! the next time you start typing the name, it comes up again to select.
- On mobile, there is also a carousel at the bottom to keep scrolling through the pictures.
- The download option is still the same as it is on the desktop experience, click on the words “download photo” below the picture.
- You can also see comments or make comments from the picture page.
Share Your Favorites!!!
You can always double-click or hold on an image to save or share a picture that is good enough for the screen, but not good enough to print. Please share your favorites on social media. Tell the world how awesome High Rocks is for your son!