For the past two decades, most of our sessions have had waiting lists. Some of our age groups fill quickly while others may still have available spots in November. In general, our older age groups (finished sixth grade and older) in our longer sessions fill earliest; younger age groups in our shorter sessions generally fill later. To have the best chance of acceptance to a session, send us your application as early as possible!
Applications may only be submitted online.
- We limit the number of campers from any one geographical area. It is possible that a session will fill with campers from a specific area before the session is completely full.
- High Rocks campers that attended in the current year have first priority until August 15th and will be enrolled on a “first come, first served” basis as space allows. Note: This does not mean that returning campers are guaranteed a spot. Since some returning campers will elect to enroll in a longer session, it is possible that some age groups in our four-week or three-week sessions will fill prior to August 15th.
- Applications from the current year waiting list or from siblings of current campers received before August 15th will have second priority and will be enrolled on August 15th as space allows.
- Previous year cancellations, former campers, or first-time applications received before August 15th will be held in a separate file in the order received. These applicants will be enrolled after current campers and second priority (waiting list or siblings of current campers) have been accepted as space allows.
- All applications received after August 15th will be enrolled, as space allows, in the order in which they are received.
- Please see our special note for campers who are in 8th grade or higher and 14 years of age. Upper Senior Details
- If you are applying for as counselor Aide/Upper Senior (currently in 10th grade and 15) please look over these details. Role of a Counselor Aide
- Apply Now
- Applications are not complete until $1000 deposit is received.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
All applications will be accepted online only. Be sure to read over the information below. You can find our current Dates and Rates Here.
Applications are accepted for a full term only. Reservations are made only upon receipt of a fully completed application along with a deposit. The $1,000 deposit is accepted via eCheck or Credit Card during the application process. Checks also may be sent to camp. Your application will not be considered complete until we receive your deposit.
Enrollment is limited to 160 campers. Returning campers have priority over new campers if the application is submitted by August 15th. After August 15th all applications are on a first-come, first-served basis. Early application is advisable.
|By February 1st||Three Week||$2400|
|Two Week and Mini||$1625|
|By April 1st||Balance of Account|
- Mail a deposit check to us.
- Pay the deposit online with a credit card or bank draft (handling fees apply).
Make checks payable to Camp High Rocks, Inc.
Note: There is a Credit Card Convenience Surcharge added to all deposits and tuition payments made by credit card.
WAITING LIST POLICY
Early registration is advisable as all sessions reach capacity quickly. Priority is given to returning High Rocks campers and their brothers. Next, we accept those who had been placed on the previous year’s waiting list and legacies. The remaining spaces are filled on a first come, first served basis. If we receive your application after we have reached capacity, you will be notified that your son has been placed on our waiting list. Over the Fall and Winter months, many of these early camper registrations reluctantly give up their place due to family plans. These places are then filled off the waitlist as space allows. The $1000.00 deposit (as well as any online payment fees) are simply held for an applicant on the waiting list until space becomes available. All fees are refunded or returned if space does not become available or if you would like to remove yourself from the waiting list.
For up to date session availability, please call (828)885- 2153. Since boys on the waiting list receive second priority acceptance the following year, we recommend that you go ahead and submit an application and remain on our waiting list even if chances for acceptance seem slim.
PLEASE VISIT OUR COVID-19 PAGE FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICIES
It is our goal to partner and work together with parents to determine if our program is suitable for your child prior to their enrollment.When you enroll your child in our program, you are reserving space, time, meals, supplies, and staffing whether or not your camper attends the program. Your registration helps us continue to make plans and prepare for next summer. We are grateful for your trust.
For families who rolled their registration from 2020, if cancellation is necessary, the full amount of money you rolled over including the deposit and typical $200 administration fee is refundable if written notice is received prior to February 1. There is no refund made for cancellations after February 1.
For new families and current camp families who did not roll money/registration over from 2020, if a cancellation is necessary, the deposit, less $200, is refundable if written notice is received prior to February 1. There is no refund made for cancellations after February 1.
We will remain nimble and responsive to ever-evolving state and local standards and protocols, and plan to be able to adapt our summer program accordingly. If, however, camp is unable to open due to government regulations you will receive a full refund including the deposit, without penalty or the option to roll your tuition to 2022. If you register for camp and decide to cancel after our February 1st deadline and the changes outlined above do not apply, our normal cancellation policies apply.
If Camp High Rocks makes the decision to dismiss a camper early due to COVID-19 related concerns, we will communicate with the family and make appropriate prorated refunds. No refund will be made for other late entrance or early withdrawal. The director reserves the right to dismiss any camper who violates the camp rules or is judged detrimental to the general welfare of the camp. No refund will be made in the case of dismissal.
There are a number of companies that offer “camp insurance” in the event you need to cancel for an unexpected reason. Most of the time this is referred to as “trip insurance.” In order to be protected, you typically need to sign up before paying for camp in full and at least 60-90 camp begins. This could change due to COVID-19. Please look carefully if it would cover COVID-19 related cancelations. You can find a number of different companies online or ask your insurance agent.
Please visit our FAQ page for details on cancelation and other insurance options.