For the past two decades, most of our sessions have had waiting lists. Some of our age groups fill quickly while others may still have available spots in November. In general, our older age groups (finished sixth grade and older) in our longer sessions fill earliest; younger age groups in our shorter sessions generally fill later. To have the best chance of acceptance to a session, send us your application as early as possible!
Applications may only be submitted online.
- We limit the number of campers from any one geographical area. It is possible that a session will fill with campers from a specific area before the session is completely full.
- High Rocks campers that attended in 2018 have first priority until September 15th and will be enrolled on a “first come, first served” basis as space allows. Note: This does not mean that returning campers are guaranteed a spot. Since some returning campers will elect to enroll in a longer session, it is possible that some age groups in our four-week or three-week sessions will fill prior to September 15th.
- Applications from the 2018 waiting list or from siblings of current campers received before September 15th will have second priority and will be enrolled on September 15th as space allows.
- Previous year cancellations, former campers, or first-time applications received before September 15th will be held in a separate file in the order received. These applicants will be enrolled after current campers and second priority (waiting list or siblings of current campers) have been accepted as space allows.
- All applications received after September 15th will be enrolled, as space allows, in the order in which they are received.
- Please see our special note for campers who are in 8th grade or higher and 14 years of age. Upper Senior Details
- If you are applying for as counselor Aide/Upper Senior (currently in 10th grade and 15) please look over these details. Role of a Counselor Aide
- Apply Now
- Applications are not complete until $1000 deposit is received.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
All applications will be accepted online only. Be sure to read over the information below. You can find our current Dates and Rates Here.
Applications are accepted for a full term only. Reservations are made only upon receipt of a fully completed application along with a deposit. The $1,000 deposit is accepted via eCheck or Credit Card during the application process. Checks also may be sent to camp. Your application will not be considered complete until we receive your deposit.
Enrollment is limited to 160 campers. Returning campers have priority over new campers if the application is postmarked by September 15th. After September 15th all applications are on a first come, first served basis. Early application is advisable.
|By February 1st||Three Week||$2300|
|Mini and 2-Week||$1550|
|By April 1st||Balance of Account|
- Mail a deposit check to us.
- Pay the deposit online with a credit card or bank draft (handling fees apply).
Make checks payable to Camp High Rocks, Inc.
Note: There is a Credit Card Convenience Surcharge added to all deposits and tuition payments made by credit card.
WAITING LIST POLICY
Early registration is advisable as all sessions reach capacity quickly. Priority is given to returning High Rocks campers and their brothers. Next, we accept those who had been placed on the previous year’s waiting list and legacies. The remaining spaces are filled on a first come, first served basis. If we receive your application after we have reached capacity, you will be notified that your son has been placed on our waiting list. Over the Fall and Winter months, many of these early camper registrations reluctantly give up their place due to family plans. These places are then filled off the waitlist as space allows. The $1000.00 deposit (as well as any online payment fees) are simply held for an applicant on the waiting list until space becomes available. All fees are refunded or returned if space does not become available or if you would like to remove yourself from the waiting list.
For up to date session availability, please call (828)885- 2153. Since boys on the waiting list receive second priority acceptance the following year, we recommend that you go ahead and submit an application and remain on our waiting list even if chances for acceptance seem slim.
If a cancellation is necessary, the deposit, less $200, is refundable if written notice is received prior to February 1. There is no refund made for cancellations after February 1. No refund will be made for late entrance or early withdrawal. The director reserves the right to dismiss any camper who violates the camp rules or is judged detrimental to the general welfare of the camp. No refund will be made in the case of dismissal.
Please visit our FAQ page for details on cancelation and other insurance options.